315 Northern Boulevard, Albany, NY 12210
(click here for directions)
Philip Livingston Magnet Academy
served students as a junior high and middle school from
1932 until the end of the 2008-09 school year.
Click here to read more about the graduation
ceremonies for Livingston's final class of eighth-grade
graduates on June 25, 2009.
The architecturally significant school
continued to serve students as the home of the Tutorial
Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) and the Adult
Learning Center, and as the headquarters of
the district's Food Services operation, until the end of
the 2009-10 school year. The school since has been
closed permanently and is for sale.
In 2010, Albany voters approved a plan
for the district to sell Livingston for no less than
$4.5 million. In 2011, voters approved a second proposal
to reduce the minimum selling price to $3.25
million. Please contact William Hogan, assistant
superintendent for buisness affairs, at (518) 475-6020
if you would like to find out more about purchasing the
historic property and its 14 acres of green space.
Tivoli Lakes Park, New
York state's second-largest urban wildlife preserve, is
located behind the building, providing
access to an adjacent 82-acre nature preserve.
The building includes excellent athletic facilities, a library, a dance studio, a drama
studio and an auditorium that seats 1,100. The
auditorium once was used by the Albany Symphony as its